Friday, October 19, 2007

Overwhelmed by Meaningless Vanities...



Ecclesiastes explains it perfectly. Without God, everything is meaningless. The thing I love about this book is that King Solomon wrote it. King Solomon was the wisest king in history. He had so much wisdom and yet it all comes down to this simple conclusion. Without God, everything is meaningless.

I don't understand how my faith can be such a roller-coaster ride. One day I'll be rockin' it for Jesus and then the next I won't be feeling very "spiritual". Why is this, God? We both know that I love you so much. And that my most joyous moments are when I am praising you. So why is it so hard for my to completely drown myself in You? Why does my stupid self always get in the way of giving you my full attention? Don't blame the apple, blame the hand.

There are so many things that we are constantly wondering about God. We have so many questions. But you know, we don't need to know such insignificant answers. We tend to try and find all the "logistics" of God. Well I hate to burst your bubble, but God has no logistics. We can't confine Him into science. We need to spend less time thinking about the logistics of God, and more time just simply praising Him.

If there was a way to just simply think about God 24/7, I could change history. I would give anything for that. There would never be a dull moment.

I went to the David Crowder concert tonight and he wrote it so beautifully in this song:

And He set me on fire, and I am burning alive.
With His breath in my lungs I am coming undone.
And he set me on fire and I am burning alive.
With his breath in my lungs I am coming undone.
And I cannot hold it in
Remain composed.
Love's taken over me
So I propose the letting myself go.
I am letting myself go.

You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.

And He set me on fire, and I am burning alive.
With His breath in my lungs I am coming undone.
And He set me on fire, and I am burning alive.
With His breath in my lungs I am coming undone.
And I cannot hold it in and remain composed.
Love's taken over me and so I propose the letting myself go.
I am letting myself go.

You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.

I need to catch my breath, I need to.
I need to catch my breath, give me a moment now.

You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.

I'm laughing so hard
And I'm laughing so hard
And I'm laughing so hard

2 comments:

Why said...

I just read Ecclesiastes today. How coincedental. Or was it.

Anonymous said...

Oh I agree. Let's do it. In fact, you send me a picture right this very moment, I will right something about it, and we will create our own new blog. You are a genius.


And of course Why would say he read the whole book of Ecclesiastes in one day. I love that child.